Sunday, January 4, 2015

CREATING A NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION TO LEAD A MEANINGFUL LIFE

In his Seattle Times article, Wes Moore described his decision and subsequent actions to change jobs to create a more meaningful life. Mr. Moore ended the Seattle Times article with the following: "That was years ago, and it changed how I approach my New Year's resolutions. I no longer make resolutions. Instead, I ask: What is the thing that makes me come alive, and what am I willing to do, to do just that?" I finally feel comfortable using New Year's as a way to examine my path. I can say to myself, "We've all made it this far, but how do we make "making it" matter?"

Wes Moore, youth advocate, Army combat veteran, social entrepreneur, and host of "Beyond Belief" on the Oprah Winfrey Network. His first book, "The Other Wes Moore," was a New York Times best seller.

Moore, W. (2014, December 31). Creating a New Year's resolution to lead a meaningful life. The Seattle Times, p. A11.

No comments:

Post a Comment