Wednesday, August 7, 2013

VÄXTHUS TEA

In this lakeside community, most people have flower and vegetable/herb gardens. Some people have växthus/greenhouses for hothouse varieties such as tomatoes and cucumbers and squash, all of which are vertically elevated for maximum sun exposure. Last evening, after another scrumptious meal of garden-fresh potatoes and fish, Eva suggested we retire to the växthus. She went ahead to prepare by igniting a kerosene lantern and many, many votive candles in a variety of pretty containers. In the Swedish dusk and ever-waning sun, the soft lights reflected and refracted off the glass walls and ceiling, offering a personal, close-up version  of the Milky Way. We happily sipped and chatted into the night.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I have ever met Eva in person (unless it was on my visit in the early 1960's.) She sent some photos of her family to me a few years back. She is really a pretty woman. Please give her my warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete