Saturday, August 10, 2013

Summer Stuga/Cabin Birthday Parties

Today, I am in another summer cabin to celebrate a cousin's 60th birthday--and celebrating son, daughter, and son-in-law birthdays too. Many family members, delicious food, rain and sun, protected from both by a tent with windowed walls. The beautiful Swedish countryside is a consistent green, filling my eyes and soul. Weather has turned damp and cooler, necessitating Seattle clothing, most of which I left behind at home. I bought a fleece jacket before we left Göteborg for the Camino; this apparel is my favorite comfort. My favorite experience is happening right now: a three-year-old child sitting right next to me on the sofa, fluctuating between eating chocolate mousse and playing with a smart phone. Smart child! Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment