Tuesday, August 6, 2013

SEVEN STEPS TO HEAVEN

In 1963, amidst Civil Rights
And Cultural Revolutions,
Musicians Miles Davis and 
Victor Feldman  composed,
"Seven Steps to Heaven."
Seven beats followed by
Two sets of three beats.

The rhythm of my life,
My common cadenced
Response: 3, 5, or 7
Repetitions of uhm:
Uhm, uhm, uhm;
Uhm, uhm, uhm, uhm, uhm.
Uhm, uhm, uhm, uhm, uhm, uhm, uhm.

Responses vary from
Lust to disgust,
Delight to despair,
Eye-rolling to envy,
Amusement to annoyance;
Almost anything worth
Commenting on.

Just some examples.
My, oh, my.
No, not again.
Are you kidding me?
I don't think so, no.
I can't believe I said that!
That's the best I've heard so far.

(1) Love One Another
(2) Keep the Faith
(3) Compassion
(4) Amour Fate
(5) Integrity
(6) Respect
(7) Truth

Please
Play
Miles
At 
My
Last 
Rites.

Ann Beth Blake
(c) August 6, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment