Friday, August 2, 2013

AN INSTALLATION IN HER GARDEN

Earth mother and gardener, Eva, provides the foundation
And all ingredients required by flourishing family and plants.

In her back yard, tapping at my iPad, creating poems, essays,
Daily descriptions, family data, and updates, I too flourish.

As she weeds, prunes flowers, cooks, organizes, and facilitates,
She finds many moments to  check in about my well-being.

Because she is busy and easily productive in vocation and in
Avocations, she recognizes and supports my active creating.

As companion planets, we orbit around our shared sun,
Acknowledging our easy connection, ebbing and flowing.

Sunny smile, totally clear limits, energy to burn, ideas flowing,
Arms widely open in affectionate embrace, acceptance.

Her only wish for change is my wearing a big, floppy, floral
Hat, to look more authorly as an installation in her garden.

As one of the blossoms in her garden, I repeat and repeat,
Tacksam, tacksam, tacksam; gratitude, gratitude, gratitude.

Ann Beth Blake
(c) August 2, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment