Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Symptom of the Day

When the weather, food, sleep, and one's body--and, of course, one's soul-- are the only focus, physicality bounds to the surface. My foot is now under control, but the slight red rash, originally under my socks, has now spread up my calves--no, not my cattle! I am certain it is heat rash, and, gratefully does not itch-- but disconcerting to see an elderly sitting woman stare disgustedly at my legs--especially before I knew what was happening.

Well, that's my last tidbit before I turn in. We arise earlier each day to attempt to walk before the heat (85) of the day. Happy Trails, Godspeed, and Traveling Mercies to all.

End of Wednesday (probably)
Hot, hot, hot. Unrelenting sun; I don't even want to convert 30C to Fahrenheit. Foot OK with 3 doses of med per day. 22k today, similar tomorrow. Then we have to really calibrate my capacity. One of the days is 31 k, which I am sure I cannot manage. I will divide the miles per day to see whether we can average 22k. Hot, hot, hot--or did I already mention the temperature?

Now to daily reorganizing and planning for tomorrow. I am sending my backpack ahead every day, which helps immensely.

I feel your thoughts, support, and prayers. Please keep up the good work.
Love to you all.

3 comments:

  1. Go, Ann, go! So glad to read that the bone spur is behaving itself.
    Much love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying that that foot settles down. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sissa! I am in awe of how well you are doing especially in light of your foot problem! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! I'm glad you can feel all of us "at your back". XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    MARY

    ReplyDelete