Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sweet day 7-14-13

Shout out of support and respect to Karin, who nears Burgos on her El Camino. Karin, you are streaming and steaming through northern Spain! Way to go!

Yesterday, I spent time with Karin's sister Eva. We went to Eva's pea patch in the city; the pea patch is surrounded by trees, so it seems completely in the country/på landet. We toured, slightly weeded, harvested, lunched, basked, and, as always with Eva, laughed and laughed. As many of my Swedish relatives, Eva's positive attitude is inspirational and, fortunately, contagious for me.

After dinner/mittag, Eva showed me pictures of the two family reunions she attended in Minnesota in 1994 and 1999. I was touched by seeing wonderful pictures of my mom--and by seeing several samples of my mom's handwriting, which was always beautiful and distinctive.

Although tired, I played Angry Birds until dark, which is near midnight here in Sweden. I know, I know, the metaphors are rampant.

No comments:

Post a Comment