Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fulfilling Day, July 23, 2013

Tuesday, July 23, 2013, another fulfilling and interactive day. Eva, a visiting friend, and I walked to Eva's pea patch, a fantastic oasis of calmness and fecundity. Too much waking, really, but worth it. Ice and Aleve, a good combination.

Klara, another of Karin and Peter's grown children, arranged for us to meet for dinner and conversation in the neighborhood--a perfect cafe with fresh salads (too big to allow space for the scrumptious desserts). I could understand most of the menu items and descriptions--so gratifying. Klara and I easily and deeply conversed. She accurately has confidence in her flowing, large-vocabularied English.

We had run into Eva and her friend on the way to dinner, and during the conversation, I invited myself to watch a new episode of Mid-Summer Mystery--but an Italian mystery program was on instead. I stayed, and occasionally drifted into a nap, to hear Italian, watch Swedish subtitles, and be almost as mystified at the end as I had been at the beginning. Some blueberry cobbler, ice cream, and easy conversation all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment