Wednesday, July 24, 2013

FOOT-FEEDING FISH

Another Sweden-only experience,
Or, probably, a not-in-America experience.
Eva and her friend and I went to Haga
This morning to have Turkish 
Smile Fish (without teeth) nibble at
Our toes, feet, and ankles.

Smile Fish nibble at dead skin, giving a 
Tickling and stimulating sensation,
Very pleasant, really, once the original
Creepiness is accommodated for.
The fish, only an inch long, immediately
Begin their job, swarming and sucking.

My right foot and ankle, as deeply as I
Could submerge, are smooth as a baby.
Because my left foot remains taped
'Til tomorrow, the fish concentrated
On the other foot, resulting in ever-increasing
Differences between my two extremities.

I made certain to ask whether the fish are
Given other food, in case nobody desires
Toe nibbling. "Yes," I was assured, "the fish
Are well fed." I can hardly wait to get
Untaped, and, therefore accessible for
Nibbling--perhaps while in Stockholm.

Karin currently experiences some blisters.
We talked about her being able to access
This unusual therapy upon completing
Her long and foot-intensive pilgrimage 
Journey on the El Camino de Santiago.
Karin, you have a treat awaiting your return!

Ann Beth Blake
(c) July 24, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment