Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 8. I am done walking

Well, here it is:  the end. Synchronistically, on Day 8, ala Winthrop, I have decided to quit walking. 

On a very easy walk to Logrono and in a pretty lakeside park thereafter (to be followed by a steep hill to Navarette), I hit my wall. Even during the easy walk, when I, as everyone else was, should have been enjoying myself, I continued to deal with pain at every step. 

Karin and I stopped to talk, and the obvious finally became obvious to me. The medication and new heel support do not really cut it--especially at 20 kilometers per day. So, I am quitting the walk. I do not yet know what I will do next. I am sad and in the midst of confusion at the moment. I will make a decision tomorrow and let you know. Stay tuned. 

Again, as always, thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I am safe and in good health, sans my heel. My mood will soon improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment